2 Days Atlas mountain trips – hike in Imlil Villages and Waterfalls of Azzaden valley from Marrakesh offers a chance to discover Atlas mountain and its rural Berber villages. Strongly recommended year-round, the Atlas valleys and Berber villages trekking options are for those not intent on climbing Toubkal. They offer, in our opinion, the best mountain scenery and Berber villages within the Imlil and Toubkal National Park area. And they stay below the snowline, they are accessible in the winter to all regardless of experience. Your Travel from Marrakech through many little hamlets and Berber villages to the magnificent Western High Atlas Mountains.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Marrakech Morocco|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please be ready at 8:30 AM for a prompt departure at 8:45 AM.|
This Marrakech trekking tour itinerary is only suggested, so if you have different travel plans, ideas, please contact us by email or phone and we organize your custom Marrakech to Toubkal and Atlas mountains tour.
COST FOR THIS TREK:
All our holidays are tailor-made so the ultimate cost of each trek is based upon:
- The number of people in your group
- Where you are starting from and to where you wish to travel at the end of the hike;
- Whether you are including any accommodation (e.g. in Imlil or Marrakech)
- Extras such as WC tent, etc.
MEALS ARE NORMALLY:
- Breakfast – tea, coffee, milk, bread, butter, jam, cheese plus porridge in the winter and cereal in summer.
- Picnic lunch – fresh Moroccan salad, cheese, slicing sausage, tinned tuna fish and sardines, bread, fruit, mint tea.
- Dinner – Tajine (chicken or mutton with vegetables), spaghetti, couscous (main courses rotate depending on the duration of the trek), bread, coffee, tea, cake, fruit.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Good walking boots and socks / good trainers for valley treks
- Personnel First-aid Kit
- 3 to 4 season sleeping bag ( winter) or light Sleeping bag ( Summer)
- Crampons, Ice axes, and Gaiters for Winter treks ( Nov to April )
- Lightweight waterproof over-trousers / rain-pants
- Water bottle or camelback (recommended)
- Soft-sided bag (50-80 liters)
- Lightweight daypack
- Torch and batteries
- Towel & all personal toiletries
Most of that types of equipment can be rented locally from our equipment shop in Imlil:
- Walking boots
- Sleeping bags
- Rain Jackets
- Walking Poles
Take your family on a Moroccan adventure! Marvel at the sights and sounds of Djemaa el Fna in Marrakech, trek on Atlas Mountains, discover legendary kasbah in atlas and more! With plenty of free time for fun at the swimming pool and relaxation. This tour is designed for children aged 5 and over.
tony guero –
My partner and I arranged a last minute two day trek in the mountains – just the day before we wanted to go. Hamid was very accommodating and organised what was a great 2day trip! We were picked up on time from our Riad in Marrakesh and were dropped off at the end of our trip.
Hamid has fantastic English and his knowledge of the Atlas Mountains, Berber villages, culture and history was brilliant. We enjoyed great food and great company along the way. We stayed overnight in one of the villages which was a great experience.
Hamid, his family and friends were all so welcoming and treated so well. A great way to get out of the crazy hustle and bustle of Marrakech and get a better understanding and flavour of the true Morocco. Definitely the best part of our week in Marrakesh!
I would highly recommend Hamid at Morocco Travel Guide! Our friends and family are already keen to visit following our stories upon our return back to the UK!