2 Days Atlas mountain trips – We offer a wide choice of Trekking and Hiking in Atlas Mountains of Morocco, offers a chance to discover Atlas mountain and its rural Berber villages. Discover Atlas mountain valleys and Berber villages. – Enjoy the breathtaking views of the high Atlas. Itinerary of Atlas mountain trek. Marrakech Strongly recommended year-round, the Atlas valleys and Berber villages trekking options are for those not intent on climbing Toubkal. They offer, in our opinion, the best mountain scenery and Berber villages within the Imlil and Toubkal National Park area. And they stay below the snowline, they are accessible in the winter to all regardless of experience. Your Travel from Marrakech through many little hamlets and Berber villages to the magnificent Western High Atlas Mountains.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Marrakech Morocco|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please be ready at 8:30 AM for a prompt departure at 8:45 AM.|
At the centre of the High Atlas, almost in the shadow of Mount Toubkal (4,167m), the highest point in North Aftrica, is the village of Imlil (1,740m). The village has become the most popular starting point for ascents of the great mountain and for a wide range of less demanding hikes and treks.
Our range of treks include 2, 3, 6 and 7 day itineraries that include an ascent of the summit of Mount Toubkal, and a selection of more gentle hikes through the picturesque panoramas, mountain passes, valleys and Berber villages of the High Atlas Mountains. In addition to our teks we can also arrange both pre and post trek accommodation in a number of locations including Marrakech, Asni, Ouirgane, Imlil and the Ourika Valley.
COST FOR THIS TREK:
All our holidays are tailor-made so the ultimate cost of each trek is based upon:
- The number of people in your group
- Where you are starting from and to where you wish to travel at the end of the hike;
- Whether you are including any accommodation (e.g. in Imlil or Marrakech)
- Extras such as WC tent, etc.
MEALS ARE NORMALLY:
- Breakfast – tea, coffee, milk, bread, butter, jam, cheese plus porridge in the winter and cereal in summer.
- Picnic lunch – fresh Moroccan salad, cheese, slicing sausage, tinned tuna fish and sardines, bread, fruit, mint tea.
- Dinner – Tajine (chicken or mutton with vegetables), spaghetti, couscous (main courses rotate depending on the duration of the trek), bread, coffee, tea, cake, fruit.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Good walking boots and socks / good trainers for valley treks
- Personnel First-aid Kit
- 3 to 4 season sleeping bag ( winter) or light Sleeping bag ( Summer)
- Crampons, Ice axes, and Gaiters for Winter treks ( Nov to April )
- Lightweight waterproof over-trousers / rain-pants
- Water bottle or camelback (recommended)
- Soft-sided bag (50-80 liters)
- Lightweight daypack
- Torch and batteries
- Towel & all personal toiletries
Most of that types of equipment can be rented locally from our equipment shop in Imlil:
- Walking boots
- Sleeping bags
- Rain Jackets
- Walking Poles